With Powered’s recent release of Facebook Connect, you won’t be surprised to hear me say that I think this is the future of social marketing. To help share in this excitement, our PR firm, SHIFT Communications, amassed three big brains (all three of which are friends) in Jennifer Leggio, social media blogger at ZDNet, Marshall Kirkpatrick, lead blogger at ReadWriteWeb and Matthew Lees, analyst and VP at the Seybold Group.
During this 20 minute podcast, we talk about:
6. Thoughts on FB Connect vs. FB Fan pages?
Who (if anyone) is doing Facebook Connect well?
- Who (if anyone) is doing Facebook Connect well?
- Will mainstream users adopt it or will it be mainly those “in the know?”
- What do you think about the tradeoffs between data collection (less w/ FB Connect) vs. lowering the barriers to entry?
- How does FB Connect stack up against Open ID? Will Open ID take off? Or go away?
- Will people tire of seeing “business” messages permeate their news streams?
- Thoughts on FB Connect vs. FB Fan pages?
To download this podcast, right-mouse click here and select “save file as.”
If you’re interested, we’ve got a slick demo of how Facebook will work with some of our Powered clients.
NOTE: The “Back to School” podcast series will be a regularly occurring podcast focused on the business value of social marketing, social media and online communities. Guests will include practitioners, authors, analysts and thought leaders in the space.